Learning more effective ways of handling Emotions
Reflecting about having more effective ways of dealing with emotions, I am
reminded of the power of;
1. Utilize mindfulness: Mindfulness enables you to be present and conscious of your emotions without allowing them to consume you. You can cultivate mindfulness by doing deep breathing exercises, meditation, or just by focusing on your physical sensations.
2. Recognize and name your emotions. By understanding and naming your emotions, you can better control them. Try to name the emotion you’re experiencing at the time, such as “ I am feeling anxious” or “ I am feeling furious.”
3. Challenge your negative thoughts because they can intensify your negative feelings. When you see yourself thinking negatively, try to eliminate them by checking to see if they are true and if there’s evidence to support them.
4. Find positive ways to express your emotions; holding in can have unfavorable results. Find constructive outlets for your expression, such as writing, art, or exercise.
5. Seek support: You can better process and control your emotions by speaking to a trusted person about them. Think about asking a friend, member of your family, or a mental health expert for assistance.
6. Develop coping mechanisms: Stress and emotions can be managed in a healthy way by using coping mechanisms like deep breathing, exercising, or listening to music. Try out various methods to see which one suits you better.
As I look back on the moments that led up to this experience, I am able to see the growth I have made and the lessons I have learned. This reflection has given me a new perspective and has helped me understand handling my emotions. It has been a valuable opportunity for self-discovery and growth.
– Ma. Eloisa S. Ilao, IST